Hello, possible mentors! 🙂
So, my first blog post ever, and I dedicate it to Pitch Wars! Woo hoo!
Pitch Wars was actually the first twitter writing contest I ever entered, so it actually holds a special place for me. Though last year I was nowhere near being ready, I’ve come a long way since then, and my army of amazing critique partners have helped me get here.
Still subbing the same YA fantasy Arthurian retelling as last year, but it’s been completely revamped and fully revised. I’m ready for you this year, Pitch Wars!
So what is my story about and why should you read it?
- Antiheroes! Because bad boys are more fun. Eat your heart out, Zuko.
- Who doesn’t love a good bromance?
- Badass and powerful women! If you’re looking for a damsel in distress, that frilly princess is in another castle.
- Knights being awesome!
- And magic, because magic is fun!
Here’s a little bit more about my story:
Seventeen-year-old Prince Vael meets his long-lost brother, Mordred, for the first time, only to discover that they’re destined to become enemies. If Vael cannot save Mordred from his curse, he will be forced to watch Camelot and his father fall or defend his home from the only friend he’s ever had—his brother.
Now why pick ME?
- I want to be better, and I know you can make me better, so I’m ready to listen and take in your advice.
- Very open to honest and even blunt critiques. Got thick-skin. I’m ready for anything.
- I’m a hard-worker. I’ll do whatever it takes and put as much time into this as needed.
- Giving up is not even a possibility for me. I’ve been working on this story for over 15 years. Researching, drafting, revising, revising again, revising again, and again… I’m not going to ever throw that away. Not happening.
- Did I mention that I want this more than anything? I’m not giving up on my dreams.
- And … I love Disney! And dragons! And if you love Disney and dragons, we should totally be friends! 😀
Random facts about me:
- My bearded dragon (as seen at the top of the page) is named Toothless.
- I cosplay a lot at anime conventions. My current favorite cosplay is my female Joker. Mainly because I am totally in character when I laugh all the time and play tricks on people. Oh, and I love doing the makeup. It’s tedious, but totally worth it.
- When I’m not writing, you’ll find me in Sephora, playing with different makeup.
How I think I look:
How I probably look:
- I wish I could live in Disney World. I’m there almost 3 times every year, but it’s not enough. I’m constantly going through Disney withdrawal.
- I read mainly Fantasy (Adult or YA, I’m not picky!). Some of my favorite novels include:
- Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters series) by Juliet Marillier
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- I am Mordred by Nancy Springer
- Jhereg (Vlad Taltos series) by Stephen Brust
Well, thanks for checking this out, and to all of my fellow writers, don’t ever quit!
Check out the other bios here: